Monday 14 June 2010

3 Years - How Life Changes

I was thinking should I twitter and then I realised I can't even blog!

It was 2007 when this was last updated so this might just be a long post.

In 2007 I was Logistics Manager for Saica Packaging but unfortunatly by December 2008 they had decided to make me redundant. To be fair the company had changed quite a lot in the 2 years I was there and while the job had become very stressfull and I could if provoked be very bitter about it all, now 18 months later it all seems to have worked out very well.

After redundancy the outlook was to say the least bleak. The country was in recession and the news was as bleak as I've ever known it. I was lucky McVities (United Biscuits) Manchester were looking for a Team Manager and with the help of an excellent recruiting agency I started at McVities in March 2009. I now work 3 on 3 off 12 hour shifts Managing the production of Jaffa Cakes after spending the first 3 months looking after the Chocolate Digestive line.

Well I've been to quite a few gigs since 2007. Queen + Paul Rodgers a couple of times. The Damned just a few times. My best gigs though of the last couple of years have been PIL in Manchester Dec 2009 & Skunk Anansie in Wolverhampton in November 2009. However the best song I've seen live in the last 3 years has got to be Bad Company by Queen + Paul Rodgers at the MEN in Nov 2008 Brian May might be in his 60's now but he still is the main man.



August 2007 I gave up smoking and I'm pleased to say I'm still a smoke free zone! Since giving up the dreaded weed though i have aquired an appitite for Red Wine.

My Girls have left school now Claire will be going to Uni in September and Stacey will be going to College.



For holiday photos, gig pictures and anything else I might find interesting to photograph take a nose on my Flickr pages

So will I keep this place updated? Maybe...........................................

No comments: